To apply for EI maternity, parental, or adoption leave benefits I need my record of employment (ROE) from the employer. If my leave starts during a strike or lockout, can I get my ROE?


Your employer should give you your ROE. If you can’t get it, or if there’s a delay, bring proof that you were working, such as pay stubs, to the EI office when you apply for benefits. Apply as soon as you can. Don’t wait for your ROE. A temporary claim can be set up for you.